Friday 26 August 2011

Magic Eye Friday 26/8 or 8/26?

Today is Friday 26th August. I dated my post 26/8, but then realised most of my followers are from the US - so for you guys that would mean its the eight day of the twenty-sixth month! At least that's obviously wrong. International dates cause so much more confusion early on in the month - 7/8 is July 8th for an American and 7th August for a Brit! I'm not sure how the rest of the world writes it's dates, but perhaps its time to all follow the same format? But then which nation(s) would give in and change...

Anyway, let's not worry about that now, because it's time for another Magic Eye - woo hoo! There are two reasons for Magic Eye Friday - firstly, because in SOUL PROTECTOR Gracie has to learn how to decipher the voices in her head, and it's like trying to view one of those pesky images. The first time you think 'what the hell?' But once you know what you're doing - it's easy! The other reason is because I love 'em! I might even change my blog title to reflect that, but somehow link it to indie writing/publishing - all suggestions welcome!

Here it is...


Well, could you see it?

I hope you'll drop in on Monday when I'll be featuring indie author Prue Batten. A Thousand Glass Flowers, her fantasy/paranormal/magical realism novel is being released on Kindle at the end of August.

Have a great weekend, all!!

14 comments:

Crystal said...

Ooooh, there were a couple of times where I almost saw something, but still not... :-P

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Oh no, the frustration continues... My hubbie is the same, he tried for ages to see this one, but in the end stomped off unimpressed. He's sure I'm making it up ;o)

Tess said...

I can see it, yay (o:

Laila Knight said...

It looks like a little square, but if I focus deeply to the point of getting teary-eyed, it looks like a firey flower. :P

Miss Cole said...

It makes me think of old fashioned baking!

Can I just say I love Magic Eye Friday? :D

Andrew Leon said...

It makes me think of a chemist, so I don't get why it's set to a flower background, unless I'm missing the point of what that is.

I have to say, though, that you're not gonna be seeing the USA changing the way its dates system. I mean, how long have we been driving on the wrong side of the road over here, and we still haven't converted to metrics.

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Well done, Tess!

Laila, *spoiler* it's a pestle and mortar.. maybe your creative self is seeing more interesting things ;o) Hope I haven't given you eye strain!

Miss Cole - glad your loving Magic Eye Friday! The pic is like old fashioned baking - thank heavens for the convenience of pre-crunched herbs and spices!

Andrew - yes, chemists used them to mix up their concoctions didn't they? No idea why it's set to a flowery background - maybe to confuse people? Regarding changes; we're supposed to be metric over here, but everyone I know still uses imperial measurements - we don't like change you know!

Andrew Leon said...

Okay, well, that's what I thought it was, but the flower background made me think it must be something else. I suppose cooks do use them, too, although I don't.

Adina West said...

Yep, saw the mortar and pestle. Have one, love it!

We use the same date system as the UK here in Australia by the way. Have to always remember when I'm writing something which may be read by someone in the US...

Anonymous said...

Nope, can't see it. But the flowers are gorgeous anyway! I'm a member of your campaign group and I dropped by to say hi and check out your site. I'll have to come back and see how your book is doing. Great site! Love the colors!

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Well done on seeing it, Adina! I've got one in the cupboard, but I never use it :o/

Good to know Australia use the same date system as us - at least that's one nation I'm not confusing...

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Hi, Jessica! Welcome, and thanks for the blog love!! Off to check out your site now... :o)

Andrew Leon said...

I think I forgot to mention that I have an awrd for you over on my blog.
d'oh!

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Wow! Thanks, Andrew!! Very kind of you... Will announce and pick my own blogs in due course. Thanks again :o)