Wednesday 20 July 2011

Human Nature

It's Wednesday, and I'm having a good day.  Initial reaction to Soul Protector has been far better than I dared to hope.  It gives me such a buzz knowing people are reading it - but telling me they 'couldn't put it down,' 'had to go to bed early so they could carry on reading,' 'it's bloody brilliant,' and 'never read a book so quick before,' are all helping me believe I did okay.

I know Soul Protector won't be everyone's cup of tea - no book ever is - but knowing some people are enjoying it is fantastic.  Once you make a book available, you open yourself up to be judged, and it's more scary than I thought.

If, (and I'm pretty sure it will happen), I get a nasty review, I will make myself look back at these comments, instead of cowering in the corner with my head in my hands.

But, even if I get ninety-nine good reviews, and one bad one, which one do you think will stick in my head?  Human nature, aargh!

4 comments:

Tess said...

Definitely my cup of tea. So enjoyed the book. Cannot wait for another one, so please start writing (o:

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Thank you, Tess. It's all there, in my head. Just need to get it onto paper...

Cazzy said...

Reading Soul Protector for the second time, and enjoying it just as much as the first. Just wondering where you will go with the second book - I'm intrigued!

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

That's good to hear. In the second book the whole Soul Protector world comes under threat... but I can't say more than that ;o)