Monday, 31 December 2012

My New Year's Resolutions...

I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas/ holiday/yuletide  with your family/ friends/loved ones. I love this time of year and have, as usual, completely over-indulged on the Ferrero Rocher, mince pies, cheese and Baileys ... but boy did I enjoy eating/drinking them all, hic! We're off to friends' tonight to see the New Year in with bubbly and games, and then rounding off the celebrations with a trip to the in-laws for dinner on New Year's Day. More eating and drinking (well, it would be rude not to!) :D

This is the time of year when we think about making New Year's resolutions. I may not stick to them all, but I like to start off with good intentions. Here's my list for 2013:-
  • Write at least 1000 words a day, and even more on a Wednesday, my designated 'writing' day.
  • ... therefore publish 2 novels in 2013, and possibly one novella.
  • Lose that pesky stone (14lbs) that keeps hanging around. I've no idea where it came from *raises eyebrows innocently.*
  • De-clutter more. If I see something I don't need, I will chuck/recycle straight away, rather than 'deal with it later.'
That's all I can think of for now. How about you? Have you got any resolutions in mind for the New Year?

Right, well I'm sitting here with wet hair when I should be getting ready for The Big Night Out, so I'll say ta-ra for now, and wherever you are, whatever time-zone you're in, I wish you a very happy and healthy 2013.


Andrew Leon said...

Happy New Year to you, too!

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Thanks Andrew! Hope you are well and still enjoying the world of writing :)