Friday 29 June 2012

Climbing the UK paranormal charts...

Hello! How are you all? I know, I know, I've been a very neglectful little blogger. There just doesn't seem to be enough minutes in the day to fit everything in - what with my 'proper job', and writing, and not neglecting hubby and kids, and the new dog-sitting business and ... ahem ... probably my biggest hurdle - my little procrastination habit!

But I am making progress. I'm just shy of 50K words into book two in the Soul Protector series, 'The Betrayal.' The good thing is I've been editing as I go along, so once I finish writing, it will already be about the fourth and final draft! I realised I haven't shared the cover mock-up on here yet - so voila! I need to play around with the title and my name to make them stand out a bit more and then I'm good to go!

Also, I wanted to share some happy news about the first book in the series. For the past six weeks, Soul Protector has been sitting in the Amazon UK Paranormal charts, (woo hoo), peaking at #22 this week. I'm getting a bit obsessed with checking the ranking ... it gives me such a buzz. I'm making the most of it, because I know at any minute it will probably crash back out, but it's been a blast seeing my book up there with people like Charlaine Harris and Amanda Hocking. Also, I've made more money this month (on Amazon UK) than I have in the past ten months. I'm not talking shedloads; I'm a long way from giving up the day job, but we can all dream...


Oh, a random fact for you. Soul Protector has ended up in '1001 First Lines' by Scarlett Archer. I'm not sure if Scarlett thinks my first line is great, or if she thinks it's a rubbish one... But still, it's nice to be mentioned :)

Must dash. Hope you all have a productive day and an amazing weekend!





12 comments:

prerna pickett said...

congrats! Both on the writing and your rising star!

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Thanks Prerna - am not expecting it to last, but loving it for now!

Andrew Leon said...

Congrats! I wish I could figure out how you've done what you've done.

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Thank you, Andrew! I've been trying to work out how it happened as well ... I think several people bought it at the same time - moving it into the paranormal charts. Now it's there, it's become much more visible. Not sure how long my luck will hold ... but enjoying it while it lasts!

Stephanie said...

Congrats on your success. I have procrastinating trouble as well. You're not alone :)

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Thanks, Stephanie! And I'm glad I'm not the only one.. ;o)

Unknown said...

Like the cover!! And, I'm glad I'm not the only procrastinator!

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Thank you, Millie. No, you are not alone, I think there are plenty of us out there ;o)

Anonymous said...

Loved the first book! Do you know around when 'The Betrayal' will be released?

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Thank you so much!! It makes my day to hear that :D

I am 54,000 words into The Betrayal. Realistically, I think it will be another couple of months before it's published, but will aim for sooner. If you send your email address to mandy.cowley@talktalk.net - I'll email to let you when it's published, and/or you can join my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/AmandaLCowley Thanks again xx

Anonymous said...

Thankyou so much, I have sent you my email, looking forward to the next book :D Good Luck writing it, I'm sure it will be amazing!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Great Post:)
My blog was recently nominated for the versatile blogger award, which has given me the opportunity to nominate a few blogs. One of the blogs I've chosen is yours. For more information on accepting the award, please visit: http://lynnthompsonbooks.blogspot.com/